Thursday, October 4, 2012

And That's How I Died.

Luck favors the bold.  And also the uncaffeinated.

As proven this morning when I blythely walked right behind a car going in reverse.  I'm not entirely certain how I managed to not see it--SUVs aren't exactly small.  Or sneaky.

Funny thing about almost being hit by a car:  the drivers always apologize, even when you're the half-asleep moron that just stepped in front of (or behind, in this case) a moving vehicle.  Of course, the fact that the driver is (I almost said "was," but fortunately that's not accurate) a good friend of mine, might have had something to do with it.

Via


(True:  Aaaaand now I just dribbled ketchup down my shirt.  I'm such a catch.)

8 comments:

  1. I know a certain someone who has to regularly have her friends/significant other throw their arms out to stop (aka clothesline) her at intersections because she gets too caught up in conversation. Glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me? Is it me? It's me, isn't it?

      (If it's not, ahem... "Make it so.")

      I am such a nerd. :)

      Delete
    2. Good guess, but no. (Don't tell anyone, but...it's me) And Mike did seriously get me right in the throat blocking me recently. *sigh*

      Delete
    3. True love is being clotheslined instead of being roadkill. My heart is all aflutter. :D

      Delete
  2. I'm just glad you're not posting this from a beach in Norway.
    I, too, am a huge nerd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno. Norway might be worth it, depending on how I got there...

      Delete
    2. Almost sucked into The Void, but saved at the last instant by your father from an alternate universe?

      Delete
    3. Well, I was really more thinking a lovely long vaction in a blue box, but that'd do, I suppose. :)

      Delete